Thursday 19 April 2012

April Flowers

This blog feels like 'deja-vous'! It was all ready and saved in draft for publishing today and the whole thing disappeared! Weird! Anyhow, I was very excited to receive my April kit from Simon Says Stamp two nights ago and made a card the same night!
I used the combined Retro Sketch #7 with the CAS-ual Friday challenge - Opposites Attract.

The washi tape was the first thing I noticed, I don't know what it is, but I'm addicted to them! The colour of the tape is purple and the colour opposite is yellow in the colour wheel. Most of the papers used were from the April kit, except in my excitement, I did not realise there were cardstock in the bottom of the box, so I used a purple cardstock from my stash! I also received the complete range of HA mid tone inks, so I had to use one of them for this card. This card is already in the safe hands of Australia Post destined for a fellow crafter. Hope she likes it! Thanks for stopping by!
Challenges:
Ingredients:
Paper: Simon Says Stamp April Kit, MME Blink of an Eye
Stamps: Hero Arts (CL519 Many Dots, K5541 Frame It Scrolls)
Ink: Hero Arts Mid Tone Stone Wash
Others: MS border punch, Kaisercraft pearls

9 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful spring card! I love those gorgeous papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, and what a way to showcase the wonderful papers included in the kit! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the pretty papers and the sweet placement of the pearls :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The colours are fabulous and I love that border edge at the bottom of the panel. THanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the floral background and how you scattered pearls around inside of some of the flowers! So glad you played along with us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Cecilia!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is stunningly beautiful and witty! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...