Saturday 7 April 2012

Mother's Day Card





















As Mother's Day is not far away now and I have three cards to make, I thought I better get cracking. I decided to use the MFTWSC66 sketch and Marcy's colour palette challenge (How Green is your Spring) from Our Creative Corner. Any excuse to use the new stamp from Kaisercraft I purchased at the Melbourne Paperific Expo!

I really love my MFT Die-namics butterflies and wanted to try layering all three on top of each other. I also used the Kaisercraft Bonjour paper, edged with TH Distress ink Tattered Rose. I am also submitting this card for the Simon Says Stamp (Your Favourite Tool - Big Shot).

Another card I would like to share was made at the recent Paperfic Expo I attended. I attended a class conducted by Stamp-It Australia using Stamp-It Dragonfly stamp set and TH distress inks and Ranger Colour Wash to colour a flower from the TH Tattered Florals Die (which I already have). The original card was made by Shasta and Ursula Pope and here is my version of it. The brad and dragonflies were painted with Perfect Pearls and the edges inked with Vintage Photo. The flower was washed with Wild Plum - love the colour! Happy Easter to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful! I love the colours and papers on the first one. Such beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards, Cecillia! I just love the soft colors on your Mother's Day card and the bold flower on the second card. So many lovely details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...