Monday 9 April 2012

Easter weekend cards

Ah, so nice to have a nice long weekend at Easter. Even though we had a pretty busy weekend catching up with family and friends, I managed to squeeze in some time to make some cards. I came across a very interesting blog page about Runway inspired cards and was keen to participate in the current challenge.
I used a white card as a background and a cream coloured card as a mat (although my photo may not show up the colours correctly). The paper is from Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings and it is so pretty I wanted to show off as much as I could without detracting from it. A vellum butterfly embossed in white and a sheer white ribbon with roses finished off the card nicely. There was no room for a sentiment as I can use this for a birthday or wedding card. I am also entering this card into 'A Blog Named Hero' first challenge using my favouring HA butterfly stamp from Antique Flowers and Butterflies set. Voila!

The inspiration for the card comes from this runway photo:
The second card I had time to make today was inspired by Sweet Sunday Sketch 156:

I used Bo Bunny Gabrielle collection to piece together this card. I also used another one of my favourite HA dogwood stamp, a card I made with this stamp has been submitted for publishing in the Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine. I also used my new Martha Stewart acquisition from the Paperific Expo in both cards and topped off with some gems from Hero Hues. This card will be submitted in A Blog Name Hero - favourite HA stamp challenge and the Sweet Sunday Sketch 156 challenge. Again, I did not add a sentiment as the whole card seems too busy for one. This will be added inside the card. I am also entering both cards into the Simon Says Stamp - My Favourite Tool challenge, which is of course the good old Sizzix Big Shot, used for both cards.



7 comments:

  1. Both your cards are fabulous! Love your interpretation of the runway.. .I've been looking but would never have come up with anything as beautiful as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great cards! I'm not well practiced at the shabby/chic or vintage look but I think you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are GOR-GEOUS!!

    Hello to a fellow Melbourne-girl!! It's so cold right now! lol

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Good lucK!
    Linda

    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Looks like we are going to have beautiful weather in Melbourne over the next few days!

      Delete
  4. Both such beautiful cards, so elegant and classy, especially the white-ish one. You have such stunning details.

    Thanks so much for joining us at the the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Cecilia, the are both so elegant and pretty :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft and stunning...I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...