Saturday 21 April 2012

Farewell for Rose

The only challenge for this card is what and how. I often make A4 sized cards for people at work. Rose has been with us since 1979 and she had a personal tragedy this year followed by news of a terminal illness. She has decided to leave us after so many years at work. I decided to find a paper that had beautiful roses to match her name and go from there. As I didn't want this to be a 'Farewell' card as such, as we do want to see her again, I decided to use the Technique Tuesday - Talking in circles stamp set for the sentiment. It did not take me long to pick the appropriate words. We had a farewell lunch for her yesterday. When she saw the sentiment, she looked at me and said 'Thank You, the words are perfect!' They reflected how she sees life at the moment, day to day.
Paper - Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings
Stamp - Technique Tuesday - Talking in Circles
Ink - Memento Tuxedo black, Distress Ink Gathered Wood
Others - Spellbinders scallop dies, silk ribbon, Hero Hues Gem

I thought I would also include another card made two months ago for Rose again - this was an A4 Sympathy card for Rose. I wanted this to be a cheery card, so I added bright yellow ribbons to the card. Thank you for dropping by.

Paper - Il Papiro music paper
Stamp - Hero Arts 657773 657776 CL457
Ink - Memento Tuxedo black, Distress Ink Tea Dye
Others - Perfect Pearls, Tim Holtz fence edge die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...