Thursday 4 July 2013

Happy Retirement

I made a really quick retirement card tonight. I was almost not going to do it as I don't have any 'Retirement' stamps. I decided to print the sentiment myself instead. I was thinking of doing a sketch challenge and then I was asked to add the company logo to the card instead. I re-made a card I did a few years ago using a glitter technique I learnt at one of the Craft Fairs I attended. The logo was printed onto JAC adhesive (double-sided) and adhered onto card stock. Using a craft knife, I cut the top of the adhesive backing without going through the card. I peeled off the areas by colours and sprinkle fine glitter onto the adhesive paper, starting with the darkest colour (green) first.  Here is my card with the sentiment cut out and adhered onto a SSS folded banner. My next 21st album was also competed tonight, come back on the weekend to see it on my blog. Thanks for dropping by!

Ingredients:
Cardstock - Neenah Solar White, Metallic Gold
Paper - JAC double sided adhesive
Die - Simon Says Stamp Folded banner
Others - Fine glitter in green, gold and crystal

2 comments:

  1. Love the glitter - fabulous hand cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an interesting technique. Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...