Monday 15 October 2012

HA Scramble 50

After a very busy weekend, I managed to fit in a 90 minute Hero Arts scramble on the Flickr group hosted by fellow Aussie Chris Millar. I hosted one two weeks ago with a black and white Christmas theme and managed to flood the Flickr group with lots of B/W cards. Chris challenge yesterday was similar - Make a card using black as a background. I love using black on card. I used so much that my stash was all used up. It was lucky that I replenished some after the last scramble! I decided to use paper piecing for this challenge. The flower was stamped twice onto MME Indie Chic Ginger 6x6 papers and the flower and centres were fussy cut. The petals of the flowers were curled and the centre was mounted on foam tape. I added a lot of bling to the centre of the flower - maybe too much!! I also added some faux stitching to the edge of the card, a technique I picked up from Kristina Werner. I'm entering this last WCMD card to the Moxie Fab World Birthday challenge - it closes today. This is also a Clean and Simple card, so I'm adding it to the A Blog Named Hero CAS challenge. Thanks for dropping by!

I recently sent some cards for a card drive organised by Jana Millen. I just found out this morning that I won a prize pack for sending cards for the drive. I sent a card for Maddy, one for her sister Melanie and one for her parents. I was only just happy to participate in the drive, the prize is a bonus on top! Thanks Jana and Christine for organising it!

Challenges:
Hero Arts Flickr Group - Quickcard50 Scramble
Moxie Fab World - WCMD Birthday Challenge
A Blog Named Hero - Clean Up Your Act
Ingredients:
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Smooth White, Neenah Columns Black
Paper - My Minds Eyes Indie Chic Ginger 6x6 pad
Stamp - Hero Arts CG255 Striped Flower, CL530 Florentine Message
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Others - Kaisercraft rhinestones, White gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...