Monday 23 December 2013

2 Days Til Christmas...

… and I'm still wrapping the last few presents.. and making a couple of last minute cards. I got this Christmas tree die from the Australian Simply Cards magazine and have not had a chance to use it. I saw a video on Jennifer Mcguire's blog about getting a faux letter press effect on water colour paper. I decided to try it and it was so easy, I decided to make two cards while I had everything out. By the way, when I see an interesting technique blog post or video, I add it to my Tutorial Links page, I find these handy when I want to try out a different technique. The colours I have used are for the current ColourQ challenge #220. I'm also adding this to Basic Grey Challenge 110 - Anything Goes.




Ingredients
Neenah Desert Storm, Water colour paper, Christmas tree die, Lil Inkers Stitched Squares, Tim Holtz distress markers, water brush, Basic Grey 25th and Pine, wash tape from Typo, twine from The Twinery and Kaisercraft rhinestones

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card, Cecilia! Merry Christmas and thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Xmas tree.

    Love your Tutorial Links too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...