Monday 17 April 2017

Tulips!

I had such a busy Easter weekend that I only managed to make one card to blog!! I recently found a stash of original wood block stamps that I purchased when I started stamping over 20 years ago! There was a local stamp shop that stocked a lot of PSX stamps and a lot of my stamps were purchased from this shop. I was inspired by the bunch of tulips as I had a some pink tulips for our Easter Sunday dinner. When I purchased them from the florist, the sales lady gave told me to put a silver coin in the vase to prevent them from flopping. In all the years I have bought tulips, I have never heard this before and all my tulips usually flopped after a day or two. I've got a photo below of our table set up the day after I bought the tulips. All upright!! As I blog this on Monday night, they are still upright!! The card below shows what will happen if you don't add a coin to the vase!! I've based the design of the card on the current CAS(E) this sketch challenge and I'm linking it up to the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Tulips.  Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! Thanks for dropping by!!

Materials
Stamps - PSX (discontinued) and Hero Arts Sentiment
Die - Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Paper - Archers Watercolour paper, vellum
Inks - Zig Clean Colour Brush markers, Versamark, Hero Arts White EP





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch! You should link this up to the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Cecilia. Great tip for the flowers so well. The are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty card. I love your tulips and the sentiment on vellum. thanks for linking up to curtain call.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...