Friday 8 January 2016

Muse Card 147

Back again with a fun card for Chinese New Year. I normally don't make cards for CNY but after seeing Mama Elephant's Lunar Animals release last year, I couldn't wait to ink up the stamp sets! I've based my card on the current Muse Card Challenge - Michele Ferguson, and decided to make two cards at the same time. I've stamped the chinese character for 'Fortune' upside down as this usually happens in households during CNY. The character upside down sounds like 'Fortune has arrived/is upside down in the house'. I love both the Lucky cat (although this is probably more Japanese than Chinese) and the cute monkey (Year of the Monkey this year). I'm also adding this card to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New (Chinese New Year).
Thanks for dropping by!



Muse Card 147 - Michele Ferguson


4 comments:

  1. These are so fun, Cecelia! Love the ribbons and papers you chose to go with those stamped images! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Asian-flair take on this Muse - that ribbon is just WOW! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with these and the attention to detail, to even have the characters upside down ...must remember that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia!! [my granddaughters middle name!!] I LOve both your darling little critters, and wow do I love the ribbon! Thanks for sharing the characters for fortune ... I wish you good fortune, and hope you will join us every week at Muse!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...