Saturday 6 October 2012

Retro Flowers

Happy World Card Making Day! My day started off very well with an email from Paper Crafts Magazine, one of my submissions was accepted for Card Creations magazine (March 2013), this card cannot be published until the magazine comes out. Yay! I was so excited as this is my first paid publication call! To share the excitement, I had to make a card for WCMD! This card is based on the colours of CR84FN64 (Lt blue, yellow, green), the Retro sketch and the photo inspiration from Runway Inspired's Richard Chai Love Spring photo. I've been wanting to try stamping with the back of the cling stamps, so I pulled out the Sweet Threads stamp set and starting stamping away. Note to self - this technique does not work well if the images are not symmetrical! Anyway, I decided to go ahead with it anyway, I'm pleased with the results. What do you think? Thanks for dropping by!























Challenges:
Retro Sketches - RS#31
Runway Inspired - Richard Chai Love 2013
World Card Making Day - Hello
Ingredients:
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Solar White, Tim Holtz Distress Kraft
Stamps - Hero Arts CL511, CL272
Ink - Hero Arts Butter Bar, Green Hills and Pool
Others - MFT DieNamics chevron die, Twine from The Twinery, Kaisercraft rhinestones


8 comments:

  1. Nicely done combining challenges - I was trying to do that yesterday but gave up. Sometimes I have too many ideas bouncing around in my head and I end up with nothing!
    Anyway, I love your take on these challenges and the little crochet flower looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, wow, I just read what you said!!! A card being published - fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card Cecilia - love that crochet flower! Beautiful colors, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, especially the crochet flower! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful color combination and how you over-stamped the images. Woo hoo for the publication!! Congrats! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being accepted for Paper Crafts Magazine. I think this card is just super! The images and sweet crocheted flower - fab! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully stamped panel, very pretty images!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, and a perfect interpretation of the sketch. And yay! for PC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...