Wednesday 20 November 2013

Deconstructed Sketch 127

I've been away from Blog Land for a little while due to various social commitments and it is not going to ease up before the mad Christmas month! Here is a 'quick' card I made on the weekend for a wedding. Well, it took nearly 2 hours to complete due to various techniques I was trying out. I wanted to do the flower embossed on vellum. Well the embossing came up nicely, but I wanted to add colour to the vellum by swiping with my ink cubes. Well, a few lessons learnt which I will share….
1. Vellum is not absorbent, so the ink does not dry quickly, you can use a heat gun to dry it.
2. Make sure the inked vellum is very dry before stamping in Versamark and wet embossing!
3. You can always ink on the bottom and emboss in the top of vellum. BUT make sure if you emboss first, let the inked surface dry properly naturally. IF you try to fasten the process by using your heat gun, the embossing on the other side will melt!
4. If all else fails, just use Neenah card stock and leave the vellum for another day!
Here is my finished card with the flower on card stock and not vellum! Thanks for dropping by!



Challenge - Deconstructed Sketch DS127
Ingredients
Neenah Solar White card, Kaisercraft Tigerlilly, PTI Daisy and Big Bold Wishes, Kaisercraft pearl brad, Ranger Archival Coffee, PTI Charteuse and Plum Pudding, Ranger liquid pearl, Twine from The Twinery

2 comments:

  1. Lol, loved your blurb. Pretty card, but I am a sucker for sweet pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cecilia. Love the thoughts on your use of vellum... I so can relate to that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...