Sunday 30 December 2012

Hero Arts Cling Challenge

Hi all, back again as I'm in a crafting mood again after a tiring week with Christmas and work. I been wanting to submit another card for 'The Classroom' Hero Arts Cling Stamp Challenge. I also want to give a new technique a try - double sponging with embossing as demonstrated by Rosemary on Our Daily Bread Designs. I love this technique and will try it again, it's not as daunting as it looks! The trick is to pick the right colours and stamps! As stipulated by The Classroom, here is my card with the HA Clings I used. I also used the Runway Inspired Challenge #26 -  Bibhu Mohapatra's photo for inspiration. A Blog Named Hero just announced their new challenge for 2013 - New Year, New You. As this is a new technique for me, it's a New Me done on New Year!
Thank you for dropping by and Happy New Year!





Ingredients:
Cardstock - Neenah Solar White, coloured card stock
Stamps - Hero Arts Lattice Background, Floral Framelits and Four Flowers
Ink - Versamark, Memento Paris Dusk, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserve
Others - Clear EP, ribbon, twine from Hemptique

11 comments:

  1. beautiful! love the stamps you chose and the colors--perfect for the runway challenge. Thanks for the link as I could not for the life of me figure out how you did this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning card Cecilia. I love the colours & the details in this gorgeous card. It looks amazing. Happy New Year & I hope that 2013 is the best yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed the Runway Inspired Challenge. WOW... Beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love this technique, and the colors you used are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go -- love the layering and you did an awesome job being "inspired"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the background stamp looks with the flowers! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. double sponging with embossing is such a cool technique! Gorgeous results on your card, Cecilia! Thank you for joining us in the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, fantastic technique Cecilia. Might have to take a look around your blog...hope you have a great day! ps my mom is in pathology, small world isn't it :)

    xo, Kristina
    Visiting from ABNH Challenge
    Hope you might stop by and say hello
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! So glad you joined us over at the Runway Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous inking, Cecilia! Love your use of stamps in this design! Thank you for joining us in the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...